Sunday, May 16, 2010

Froome Watch, VI

Yes indeed, I'm following the Giro d'Italia. I'd pay attention anyway, but I've also met a rider, Chris Froome of the Sky Team, and now I have a little stake in the proceedings. So after a decent bit of work of my own this morning, what do I see when I turn on my television? It's number 175 doing his part (and then some) in a 17-man breakaway on the way to Terminillo. When the break hit the final climb of the day, it broke into pieces, and Chris wasn't among the leaders anymore. But he still managed to finish a little ahead of the likes of Pozzato and also hold off the bus. I think we'll see more of him before this race is over.

4 comments:

monad man said...

you are crazy, does he know you write this much about him?

Ruud van Dijk said...

dunno, he hasn't commented or twittered in two days

monad man said...

i hope he writes soon

Ruud van Dijk said...

even if he doesn't, I'm still having fun