Friday, January 28, 2011

Historian on TV

That would be me. Not really tv, just a clip on the web from last Tuesday's History orientation for high school students. We run a class and discussion the way we would for our own students, so that prospective students can get an idea of what it would be like to study with us. I did my current research topic--the Dutch role in NATO's 1979 Dual-track decision on intermediate nuclear weapons--also because it provided an opportunity to draw parallels (and identify differences) with today's debate over a new Dutch mission to Afghanistan (more about that soon). It's all in Dutch, but you can just feel the excitement.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Subtitles! We want subtitles!

I'm kidding -- that was really cool. Looks like fun, too.

Maybe you and I could do a cable TV-style video slug fest sometime... I would just keep shouting "WRRRRROOOOONGGGG!!!" and calling you "Mort Kondracke."

Ruud van Dijk said...

That would leave me with: "butbutbutbutbut ... I I I I I ... eh eh eh eh ..."

MO said...

You really shouldn't be swearing on tv, you know. Also, all this talk about dumbing down the curriculum - well, I completely agree. Seriously, folks, you look fantastic!