Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Slump Week

They come along, every now and then. But they're exceptions (fortunately) and therefore usually unsettling. I caught a cold last Thursday, dressing up, but not warmly enough, for the funeral of my friend Piet, and probably made it worse the following day in Amsterdam. On Saturday, there was the beginning of something raspy in my throat, and Sunday I plainly didn't feel good. Stayed in also on Monday, and yesterday decided to take the bus and train to the city, just to be on the safe side. This morning there was some snow on the ground, which means that on my out-of-the-way bike route into town you will likely run into slick spots. I actually changed into my cycling kit and walked out the the door, ready to ride in anyway. But an up-close look at the pavement on the square in front of our house quickly elicited an "I don't need this." Back into the house; change into street clothes; wait for the bus--again. The fourth day in a row of idleness. The streak had better end soon.

2 comments:

Buzzwindrip said...

Misery loves company; two days in a row here. The temperatures have dropped, again, and I am feeling the rides from this past weekend. I could easily stretch this out to three days...

Ruud van Dijk said...

I guess it's better to have these weeks in February than in April or May, let alone later in the year ... Stay warm!